Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft beer in Belfast?

Options
  • 05-09-2013 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

Heading up to Belfast shortly for an overnight.

Anyone know any city centre pubs that sell keg craft beers? I've been told to try the John Hewitt but wondering if there is anywhere else.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I've heard good things about The Hudson. Bittles should have what you're looking for and it's worth having a look in The Garrick too. If cask is any good to you, there's The Bridge House and The Crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

theres also a Weatherspoons which should do the trick tool, and will be cheap and no blaring music.
    Its on Bedford st so kindof round the corner from the Crown.
    EDIT: thats the bridge house I now see.

should you need food, mollys yard is great and has craft beer in bottle and on draught.
    http://www.mollysyard.co.uk/
    You might want to reserve in advance if you know what time youre looking to eat though as its not a massive place and its (not unsurprisingly) very popular

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Get the BeoirFinder app, good few places on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Brilliant, thanks for the suggestions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Weatherspoons is the place for most beers on pump - they have about 8 on at any one time, not the nicest of pubs though...

The John Hewitt has two pump, usually both on the go at weekens, one will be a hilden, the other might be anyhting...

The Crown usually has three on.

McHughs has one, usually Belfast Ale, and often stale. They do have a nice house beer on tap brewed fro them by Whitewater though.

The Sunflower has one pump, no idea about how regularly they use it though, only been the once (Hilden's Twisted Hop was on, big thumbs up!)

The Hudson doesn't sell keg beers but they do have an extensive range of Brewdog and Williams Bros. beers both on tap and in bottles. They also have their house Hudson IPA brewed fro them by Williams Bros. It's gorgeous!

Personally the Hudson would be my regular watering hole, followed by the Hewitt. Spicy wings are fantastic in the Hudson! ;)
    If it's live music and good beer you're after, the John Hewitt's the place to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

Hudson is the home of the NHC in Belfast. Great spot, good beer, good food and very friendly staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Heading up to Belfast for the weekend, has anything changed up there? Bittles has the highest ratings on Ratebeer, has it the widest selection?

Is The Vineyard on Ormeau Rd the best off licence?

Specifically looking for beers local or otherwise which arent available down south - Ards, Inismacsaint, Farmageddon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thorton

Fantastic bar for any one who likes a bit of rock and metal every saturday they have local unsigned bands playing here and its only 2 pound to get in! some of the bands are extremely talented. I have enjoyed it.

drumswan wrote: »
    Heading up to Belfast for the weekend, has anything changed up there? Bittles has the highest ratings on Ratebeer, has it the widest selection?
    Bittles is pretty much the Ards Brewery tap, so you'll most likely get their full range there. Throw in The Sunflower as well: they had Farmageddon last time I was in.
    Is The Vineyard on Ormeau Rd the best off licence?
    As far as I know, yes.

Ok, ill try to get to Hudson, Bittles, The Sunflower and The Vineyard. And to see Cliftonville at home on Saturday. My missus will be delighted.

Actually, dont Hilden have a restaurant in Belfast?

• Advertisement

dont Hilden have a restaurant in Belfast?
    Molly's Yard. Link above.

Hah, I knew I read that somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PurplePoodle

Thorton wrote: »
    Fantastic bar for any one who likes a bit of rock and metal every saturday they have local unsigned bands playing here and its only 2 pound to get in! some of the bands are extremely talented. I have enjoyed it.

Which bar are you talking about? Sounds good!

Advertisement