Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is TEFL worth it?

Options
  • 05-09-2013 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm thinking of doing a TEFL course but I've heard good and bad things about it. Is there much work in it in Ireland or do you have to travel to use it?

Will

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 innominat

If you wish to work in Ireland you will need a CELTA or similar not any old TEFL will do!! I worked in Korea so maybe im biased but I would think going abroad would be the main reason to do a TEFL cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

As above, if you want to work in a Dept. of Education recognised school in Ireland you will have to have an approved qualification - basically CELT or CELTA.

The availability of work is seasonal, there is a lot more during the summer but there can be quite a bit in the 'off season' too. Depends very much on the School you are working for.

Advertisement