Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tobacco help?

Options
  • 05-09-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Looking for a tobacco that has the following characteristics:
    • Mild flavour, maybe with some sweetness?
    • Cut as fine as possible, so plug wouldn't do

I have a Kiseru pipe and wish to use it, however the tobacco needed can't be sourced outside of Japan.
    From my reading of several forums, an alternative to the proper tobacco is a mild slightly sweet tobacco, that is cut as fine as possible.
    Also suggested is snuff, however I have no experience at all with that.
    So any suggestions?

Thanks very much for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Petersons of Dublin sell snuff. They may also have some sort of fine tobacco. If not in or near Dublin, where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

the_syco wrote: »
    Petersons of Dublin sell snuff. They may also have some sort of fine tobacco. If not in or near Dublin, where are you based?

I'm based in Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭geoffrie1

Umekichi wrote: »
    I'm based in Tralee.

You can buy online from them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm based in Tralee.
    I'd recommend ringing or emailing them first, and see if they could recommend anything, as they do seem fairly clued into their product.

=-=

Eagers newsagents (found through Google) in Killarney may sell a supply of tobacco. I say may, as they sell cigars, and I find that places that sell cigars usually have some sort of tobacco range as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

the_syco wrote: »
    I'd recommend ringing or emailing them first, and see if they could recommend anything, as they do seem fairly clued into their product.

=-=

Eagers newsagents (found through Google) in Killarney may sell a supply of tobacco. I say may, as they sell cigars, and I find that places that sell cigars usually have some sort of tobacco range as well.

Sweet, Thank you.
    Apparently Old Holborn Yellow is okay to use in a kiseru. Is this sold in Ireland?
    I have only heard of Old Holborn Blue...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Sweet, Thank you.
    Apparently Old Holborn Yellow is okay to use in a kiseru. Is this sold in Ireland?
    I have only heard of Old Holborn Blue...

Old Holborn Yellow is definately sold in Ireland. I've only ever seen it in 12.5 G pouches though.

Advertisement