Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie annual photowalk/get together

Options
  • 05-09-2013 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I know it's early but is it too early to try to pick a date for the Boards.ie annual photowalk?
    For me weekends in Novermber & December start to fill up (company Xmas party, my wife's Xmas party, family visiting etc.

The sooner I know the boards photowalk the sooner I can hopefully have it booked & approved by my wife.

don't have to vote, can comment with what weekend do/don't suit.
    for peope living in The Pale you mightn't need planning but for those of us who will be making a weekend trip out of it we need to plan.

Date? 4 votes

Sat, 23rd Nov
    0% 0 votes
    Sat, 30th Nov
    0% 0 votes
    Sat, 7th Dec
    25% 1 vote
    Sat, 15th Dec
    75% 3 votes
    Sat, 22nd Dec
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I take it you're thinking of a photowalk in connection with another Boards.ie photobook launch?

Seeing that the planning for that hasn't started yet - so todate it's not even clear if there will be volunteers again to organise it - it might be too early to fix a date for the launch / walk?

If you're thinking of an independent walk: No problem thinking of a date for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭dinneenp

xia wrote: »
    I take it you're thinking of a photowalk in connection with another Boards.ie photobook launch?

Seeing that the planning for that hasn't started yet - so todate it's not even clear if there will be volunteers again to organise it - it might be too early to fix a date for the launch / walk?

If you're thinking of an independent walk: No problem thinking of a date for that...

originally I was thing of the walk that coincides with the boards book. But that hadn't happened yet. So call it a General photo walk if you want. And a chance for people from this photograph forum to meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭dinneenp

xia wrote: »

originally I was thing of the walk that coincides with the boards book. But that hadn't happened yet. So call it a General photo walk if you want. And a chance for people from this photograph forum to meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

hmnnnn..... I think Xia is correct - It was never known as a boards.ie annual photowalk but previously a walk has been associated with the book launch. It's probably a good time for it given lots of people might be around.

If for any reason it wasn't happening (a book launch), then it certainly would be nice to pick a date long enough away that people can put aside.

Meh.... I'm never good for planning anything more than a week or less away :confused:

EDIT: Cross posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Yup - it's too early to finalise the launch date and location - the book will be going ahead (hopefully!) so it would be nice to have a photowalk that day as people will be travelling to the launch anyway.

It is usually the end of Nov - which we will aim for again this year - but can't name a date this early.

• Advertisement
Advertisement