Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing to a Galaxy s4 after 3+ years with an iPhone 4/4s

Options
  • 05-09-2013 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭

I have used the iPhone 4/4S for 3 + years now and like it a lot.
    Opinions please from people that were using an iPhone 4/4S to the current sweetheart the Galaxy s4. My upgrade is availible now so should I make the jump to Galaxy s4?? Only €89 with Three and 2 year contract.

I'm so used to using my iPhone 4S that is so easy to use and navigate that I would like to know how people now find using the Galaxy s4, and if the change over was as good or not. Did the Galaxy meet their expectations or would you like to go back to the iPhone if you could now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Wait 5 days and see what the iphone 5S is like, io7 is very quick, I think you'd regret moving to android after your first few phone crashes, android is not nearly as polished as iOS.
    Samsung are starting to load anti virus software on their new phones that should be enough to convince you to stay clear of android.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

There are some good reasons as to why android have 75%~of the market share atm. There are lots of upsides to getting away from Apple devices imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Wait 5 days and see what the iphone 5S is like, io7 is very quick, I think you'd regret moving to android after your first few phone crashes, android is not nearly as polished as iOS.
    Samsung are starting to load anti virus software on their new phones that should be enough to convince you to stay clear of android.

You say polished I say treats the user like a child. Android is a lot open than the iPhone. The amount of times I wanted to do a simple task like deleting the bookshelf icon but couldn't. I've had my driod phone for years and can honestly say crashes are not an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There are some good reasons as to why android have 75%~of the market share atm. There are lots of upsides to getting away from Apple devices imo.

They have 75% market share because there cheap and nearly every maker just churns out droid after droid with the vast majority of them plastic crap, when you buy an iPhone you know exactly what your getting, the same can't be said for android. There's no quality control.

Samsung are now adding anti virus, who wants a phone like that, apple just works and no need for antivirus software.

It's now a reality that androids face thousands of viruses and Samsung has copped on to that hence their move, wait until a large scale virus comes out people won't be long about dropping their androids for iPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Mainly because they have about 1000 very cheap Android phone's flooding the market. Though the S4 is a very high spec phone and should not be compared to a cheap budget Android phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

They have 75% market share because there cheap and nearly every maker just churns out droid after droid with the vast majority of them plastic crap, when you buy an iPhone you know exactly what your getting, the same can't be said for android. There's no quality control.

Samsung are now adding anti virus, who wants a phone like that, apple just works and no need for antivirus software.

It's now a reality that androids face thousands of viruses and Samsung has copped on to that hence their move, wait until a large scale virus comes out people won't be long about dropping their androids for iPhones.

All right, we get it.
    You like Apple lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

clivej wrote: »
    I have used the iPhone 4/4S for 3 + years now and like it a lot.
    Opinions please from people that were using an iPhone 4/4S to the current sweetheart the Galaxy s4. My upgrade is availible now so should I make the jump to Galaxy s4?? Only €89 with Three and 2 year contract.

I'm so used to using my iPhone 4S that is so easy to use and navigate that I would like to know how people now find using the Galaxy s4, and if the change over was as good or not. Did the Galaxy meet their expectations or would you like to go back to the iPhone if you could now?

If you're happy with the iPhone by all means stick with it.
    If you decide to change to the Galaxy you won't regret it.
    Its very high class product without the restrictions which come with an Apple product.
    My partner & I had iPhone's up to a couple of years ago until we changed to Samsung Galaxy. Neither of us would go back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭amallon

I made the change from iPhone to Android a few years ago and wouldn't go back either. I've have the S3 and the extra screen space is a big plus for me. This thing about crashes didn't ring true for me, in fact the iphone 4s crashed probably more.

I don't use my phone for music but I'd imagine there might be a bit of pain moving away from iTunes but I'm not sure on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've jumped from iphone to android and like both equally.
    My main grievance was itunes which I just can't stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciarak7511

Ive always had an iphone up until the iphone 4,then i left it in Australia and got the s4 here, have not looked back since. Love watchin netflix on that nice big screen. Handled someones iphone the other day, seems puny in comparison!

Took me a couple of weeks to get used to android, but im loving it now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭EnmxLP

Advertisement