Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC WTNs above 7200, Please inform me!!!

Options
  • 05-09-2013 7:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have seen a post on Board.ie of a guy whos number is in the early 7200's. That was at the end of July. I am wondering if anyone higher than that is getting anywhere. I am in the low 7600's. Let me know your number or the region of your number.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I got an email today and I'm 7465. If I don't take it this year can I re-apply again next year? It does state my application will be refused for non payment if I fail to do so. Already being over once. I want to go over alright but for the summer and I hear that they have changed to arrival date to 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jmcma07

Thanks for the reply. I think you can opt out now as long as you don't go the whole way and pay for it etc and apply next year. I am not 100% sure though. If you look at it this way, you haven't been given the place officially you are just being asked to apply because you are that number in the queue. Where people are facing the problem is that they already have been accepted twice to participate but they failed to go and activate their IEC visa by not going and they think that they if they don't use it they can just apply again some other year and thankfully that is the case. It is frustrating people saying that they have applied twice before and get the letter saying that they are participating in the programme and decide not to go, therefore wasting the opportunity for for other people.

Whatever you decide to do good luck but I am pretty sure you can opt out and apply next year as you are not an official participant yet. I am not sure about the 6 month thing. Last year I had 1 year to enter the country but they have made it into a farce show, it is rolling into month 9 while last year all the place where taken up in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

@jmcma Looking at Rasta's WTN and the date, it looks like there's still some chance for WTNs in the 7600s

@Rasta The 6 month thing you heard about might be the 6 months you get to complete stage 2 once you get the conditional letter of acceptance on completing stage 1.

AFAIK, you still have a year to activate your visa once you get the final letter/PoE. If you don't use that, it still counts as a used opportunity, if you back out at any point before submitting the stage 2 (mycic) application, it doesn't count.

If you just got an email, that's requesting the fee, right? If you pay the fee now, in a week or two all going well they'll send you the conditional letter of acceptance. You should then have 6 months to complete the stage 2 application. When you get the PoE at the end of that, you have one year to enter Canada. Once you enter Canada you get the visa, which is valid for 2 years from date of entry to Canada.

Advertisement