Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Vostro: keeps logging off

Options
  • 04-09-2013 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

My better half's laptop, Dell Vostro, keeps logging off once she logs on. If she logs in under another profile the screen just comes up as black even though we can see the mouse icon. It's her work laptop as well with her all stuff on it. I know, typical..

Any help, greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

its over heating. advise her to take it into work and have her IT Dept clear out all the dust.

it may also need a fresh strip of thermal paste which her IT dept should know how to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Doesn't really sound like an overheating issue to me. Overheating results in immediate shut down rather than logging off the user.

Of course, there is no harm in keeping your laptop's cooling vents dust free. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Cheers folks. I'll pass it on!

Advertisement