Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring a pipe thermostat to pump

Options
  • 04-09-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Not sure how to wire a pipe thermostat to the pump.

I removed existing cylinder and disconnected the immersion from the switch in the hot press.
    Can I replace this switch with a standard one way switch?
    Come out the bottom of the switch and into the pump with a 3 core 1.5mm cable?
    How do I wire the thermostat into the pump? What cable? Where do I terminate?

Thermostat has a common, 1 & 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

19driver83 wrote: »
    Not sure how to wire a pipe thermostat to the pump.

I removed existing cylinder and disconnected the immersion from the switch in the hot press.
    Can I replace this switch with a standard one way switch?
    Come out the bottom of the switch and into the pump with a 3 core 1.5mm cable?
    How do I wire the thermostat into the pump? What cable? Where do I terminate?

Thermostat has a common, 1 & 2.

What's the pump for? Why remove cylinder?a thermostat is a switch so it should be straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭19driver83

Fitted a back boiler in living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

19driver83 wrote: »
    Fitted a back boiler in living room.

Fit a switched spur on the immersion supply fuse it down to 3amp and then connect your stat and pump to it.
    Why remove cylinder did you replace with dual coil and if so why not refit an immersion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

You break the live. Put it through the stat and into the pump.

Advertisement