Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WORK EXPERIENCE HELP!

Options
  • 04-09-2013 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I just started TY this week and I have a week of Work Experience due in November and everyone is already starting to look for theirs.
    I have a clear enough idea of what I want to do-either something in technology-like sound engineering or something to do with chemistry-two of my strong subjects. But I don't know how to apply for it :L A lot of my friends have work lined up with family or friends which I think is kind of unfair for people who don't have those kind of connections but as long as they're happy and that's for them :)

So I was talking to my parents and my mother was like-''you should send a letter in with a picture of yourself and everything'' but I thought that was a bit too formal. I want to be professional about it but do you think the letter is just too much :L Would an email be better-or a phone call-although I'm REALLY BAD at phone conversations :O
    Any suggestions of actual places that you know have taken Ty students before would be good too!
    I know there are probably loads of posts like this but please Help!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

If you live in the Dublin Area, Trinity have two weeks on chemistry, places are hard to get as it's very competitive(JC results etc).

Advertisement