Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going Travelling - Need a Laptop

Options
  • 04-09-2013 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone have any recommendations please for a nice compact light laptop, easy to carry around.

One with wireless would be ideal so that I could connect anywhere.

I'd also like the option to transfer photo's easy enough from a camera (SD Card) to the laptop.

I'd love an Ipad but no option to transfer pics from the camera :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Budget? Preferred display size? Expected battery life?

Wireless network and SD card reader are standard today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Torqay wrote: »
    Budget? Preferred display size? Expected battery life?

Wireless network and SD card reader are standard today.

Thanks.

I guess max €400. I have a laptop but I don't want to be carrying it everywhere so I don't want to go mental.

Size isn't a big thing - I guess the size of an Ipad would be grand.

The ASUS Vivobook costs a little bit more than that but it should tick most if not all your boxes: 12" multitouch display, Core i3 processor (ultra low voltage), 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD and it weighs only 1.4 kg. €458 @ LD

Only the battery life leaves a bit to be desired but appr. 4 hrs under "real world" conditions is acceptable at this price. Comprehensive review and test here.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭jr22

Torqay wrote: »
    The ASUS Vivobook costs a little bit more than that but it should tick most if not all your boxes: 12" multitouch display, Core i3 processor (ultra low voltage), 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD and it weighs only 1.4 kg. €458 @ LD

Only the battery life leaves a bit to be desired but appr. 4 hrs under "real world" conditions is acceptable at this price. Comprehensive review and test here.

I like the look of that. I was looking around for an upgrade of my trusty Acer 1410 and hadn't come across this one.

Add a 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD and a memory upgrade and for 600 yoyos you'll have a formidable travel companion. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement