Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Citrix Cert

Options
  • 04-09-2013 8:29pm
    Site Banned Posts: 20

Currently doing IT Certs and here is the list I plan on doing the following by January of the new year.
    • MCSA in Windows Server
    • Citrix
    • Vmware
    • CCNA

I have the first and second exam passed in Windows Server and found it quite easy to be honest. I have a MCSA in Windows SQL Server.
    Can anyone recommend what Citrix and VmWare certs are the best because they are so many of them to choose from. I'm looking to get away from programming and into networking so any input would be good. Could someone also recommend other courses to do. I would like to be employed before pursing the MCSP and CCNP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

You must do the course in VMware to be a VCP. It costs €2000 for the course. CCNA is the best cert for starting a career in networking and in the new version you'll learn a tonne more.

• Site Banned Posts: 20 PatMustard5

Crosáidí wrote: »
    You must do the course in VMware to be a VCP. It costs €2000 for the course. CCNA is the best cert for starting a career in networking and in the new version you'll learn a tonne more.

:eek::eek:

Any ideas about the citrix one? I'm self studying them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

I'd personally go with the CCNA next. The virtualisation programmes will expect you to know basic networking. You should also be concerned at being "over qualified". Realistically you're not going to get a sys admin job just because you have your MCSA/CCNA. You may need to start at help desk level and prove that you have a certain aptitude for the work (technically & from a customer service pov).

• Site Banned Posts: 20 PatMustard5

Kinet1c wrote: »
    I'd personally go with the CCNA next. The virtualisation programmes will expect you to know basic networking. You should also be concerned at being "over qualified". Realistically you're not going to get a sys admin job just because you have your MCSA/CCNA. You may need to start at help desk level and prove that you have a certain aptitude for the work (technically & from a customer service pov).

I understand that, I feckin hate programming with an absolute passion and know that I don't want to be stuck in it, but like computers. I did computer Science in college. I'm only 23 so money doesn't really bother me and know I will have to start at the bottom and try to gain experience. I probably won't even get a job in it but willing to give it a go.

Advertisement