Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8.9 info leaks

Options
  • 04-09-2013 6:33pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭

With 8.8 next week, early info from 8.9 has begun leaking:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/09/04/straingt-outta-supertest/

There's some odd choices though. A Panzer IV hull at tier 9? How's that meant to withstand any incoming fire at all?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well they could treat it like the 263 (or is it 8? The second Russian TD line) that it's not suppose to be hit (the E100Jgpd is for being hit) and more hit and run style. Have to say that the T5 looks silly though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The T5 was an anti-aircraft vehicle, hence the Flak gun, rather than PAK or KWK. It seems an odd choice, but at least it existed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

WG actually responded decently to the leak and provided proper, legit info this time:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/09/05/8-9-new-german-td-line/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Looks like 8.9 will be this released this week. http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/10/28/russian-patch-0-8-9-ready/

I'm pretty excited for this patch, more so than any recent ones. The Chinese tanks were a bit meh, even though I've grinded them and are decent tanks there was no wow-factor for me. Likewise with the new Russian mediums but these new German TDs are something different to what we're used to.

The EU patch is Wednesday, US is Thursday. He's off by a day on each.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm curious to see what will happen with the Foch and the T57; I'm holding back on leveling both a bit to see their post nerf state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Nody wrote: »
    I'm curious to see what will happen with the Foch and the T57; I'm holding back on leveling both a bit to see their post nerf state.

It hasn't been confirmed they will be nerfed in 8.9.
    Taken from the developer Q&A on the 26th September: - "it’s unclear yet whether T10 Foch and T57H will be nerfed in 0.8.9"

Also on the 24th September: "- T57 and Foch are special cases and there are several reason why they haven’t been nerfed yet"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

what style are the new german tds, slow and heavily armoured, like t95? or quick and underpowered, like the e25.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    what style are the new german tds, slow and heavily armoured, like t95? or quick and underpowered, like the e25.
    No armor snipers (think 263); the top TD is a E100 open top chassi with the most accurate gun in game with a 1.5s aiming time on 2s reload doing 3.5k damage in 12s with 200+ penetration on standard AP.

copeyhagen wrote: »

The normal gaming term for them would be glass cannons. The armour is pitiful, e.g. barely 80mm unsloped on the tier 9 as it's a Panzer 4 chassis. But in turn they have huge guns and fast reloads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement