Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me transfer Itunes Library

Options
  • 04-09-2013 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Helloooo and thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out here

My computer crashed so I now have an Imac. Treated myself. :P

I want to transfer my Itunes library to the computer from my Itouch as all the playlists and the general layout of the library is how I like it... I an unable to work this out. :eek:

I have already installed Itunes onto the Mac and transferred all my purchases from the Itouch, but the playlist organisations are not the same so how do I sync the library in the Mac to look like the Itouch one?

Cheers
    Shali x :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Shali

Where did my post get moved to? .. Or where do I need to write it?
    Sorry to bother:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

With your player connected in iTunes, right-click on the playlist that you would like to export, and choose the Export option from the context menu which appears.

iTunes will prompt you for a location and format to save the file. Save the playlist as a .XML file using whatever name and location is convenient for you.

Then, in iTunes, go to File, Library, Import Playlist from the iTunes menu and select the XML file. The playlist will be recreated in your iTunes library and will contain any tracks that were referenced in the original playlist that already exist in your library

From this thread on Apples Forums. Refers to iTunes 10 but should work in 11 also.

Welcome to the Mac forums :)

Ken

Ken, thank you for the info... I folllowed instructions all looked good saved formatted etc except I get a note at the end saying some files could not be found and its all the contents of the playlist, so only the heading is transferring...

Head ....brick wall

Again thanks in advance x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

As far as I know you can only transfer purchased music from your iPod (I could be wrong though) so if you had music you didn't buy in the iTunes store then it's probably not on your computer which is why it's complaining.

You can download Senuti (iTunes backwards) which will copy all the music over and attempt to rename the songs. Might work ? Or at least it'll get the songs back on to your computer so you can organise them yourself.

The trial will only copy 1000 songs for free, any more than that you'll have to buy it.

Maybe someone else here knows of a free alternative ?

Ken

• Advertisement

Thanks Ken for all ya great advice... I downloaded 'littlefactoryapp' and bought a license for 18e as I have 1000's of songs I transferred everything over and located it all really easily in the Mac and now I am back up and running and head not near the brick wall anymore :)

You're a star ken x

Advertisement