Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approx cost for replacing a gas boiler

Options
  • 04-09-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a ball park figure on having my old gas boiler replaced with a new A rated Vokera boiler. The old boiler gave up the ghost a month ago & I've been using the Immersion to heat the water. My house isn't that big, it has hot water tank & 7 radiators. Would I need a new time clock with the new boiler? My friend said she had to get a low voltage thing when she got her boiler replaced a few years ago.

Also, i've been told i need to have the radiators flushed out if i get my new boiler, its all becoming very expensive sounding, can anyone cast some light on this please?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

1600-2000

I think vokera give alot of problems myself.

Id recommend glowworm or Worcester bosch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

About €2,200 with mechanical & chemical powerflush. Would also include a volt free timeclock.
    I would also consider the Ariston as they are one of the market leaders. No quibble parts & labour warranty also for 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Thanks for the replies guys, do i need a power flush done or can i do without, really trying to cut costs here. my neighbor got a vokera a couple of years ago and has no problem with it hence me mentioning the brand.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Would you trade in your old car for a brand new car & re-use the oil from the old car?
    Sort of same difference sort of speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys, do i need a power flush done or can i do without, really trying to cut costs here. my neighbor got a vokera a couple of years ago and has no problem with it hence me mentioning the brand.

Thanks again.

You don't "have" to, but putting a new boiler onto an old system is absolutely throwing your money away along with the boilers warranty. I personally wouldn't fit a boiler if a customer refused a flush. I'd also highly reccomend Ariston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a ball park figure on having my old gas boiler replaced with a new A rated Vokera boiler. The old boiler gave up the ghost a month ago & I've been using the Immersion to heat the water. My house isn't that big, it has hot water tank & 7 radiators. Would I need a new time clock with the new boiler? My friend said she had to get a low voltage thing when she got her boiler replaced a few years ago.

Also, i've been told i need to have the radiators flushed out if i get my new boiler, its all becoming very expensive sounding, can anyone cast some light on this please?

Thank you.

What is wrong with your old boiler that it can't be repaired ?
    Why do you want a vokera ?
    If you don't flush your system when fitting your new boiler and you need a warranty call and the issue is related to sludge in your system the warranty may be void , I would also recommend fitting a magnetic filter at the boiler

In my experiance to not flush a heating system fully before fitting a new gas boiler would then require the householder to start saving €€€ straight away for the next boiler that will be required once the new boiler has been damaged to the point where it isn't financially viable to repair, this is then repeated again and again until a boiler is fitted properly.

Any system that is semi sealed, has a auto filler fitted:mad: or is known to be losing pressure should have a magnetic filter(as mentioned) fitted as a given, to not do so usually leads to tears and empty wallets, the filters are inexpensive and have a massive impact on boiler longevity.

Usually warranties are null and void if there is any contamination in the heating system impacting on the boiler, some manufactures may charge to tell you it's a contamination issue and you have no warranty:eek:.

I'll shut up and take my cheer and happiness elsewhere.

Advertisement