Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing name from Deeds of house

Options
  • 04-09-2013 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi ,

Looking for advice.

Is it possable to have my named removed from the deeds of a house. I have split from my partner many years ago and i have not been paying anything for the house and i have nothing to do with it.

My Ex still lives there with new partner and i'm sure they would like my name removed too.

Can this be done? I know the house is in Neg Equity but i really need to get my name off this deed as in the eye's of the social i will never get a council house because my name is on this property.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭phormium

Is there a mortgage on the house? If so that will be the bigger issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭homer911

If I was your ex, I'd be looking for your half of the negative equity..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

The bank won't remove you from the mortgage as presently you would be jointly liable. So it gives them an additional person to pursue in the event of default.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

peteb2 wrote: »
    The bank won't remove you from the mortgage as presently you would be jointly liable. So it gives them an additional person to pursue in the event of default.
    Indeed. It's no biggie to have the property transferred into your ex's name. Your real issue is getting yourself removed from the mortgage, and that is a biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You need to discuss with your ex partner to see firstly is he agreeable to take your name off the mortgage and title deeds. If he is agreeable he needs to apply and qualify for a mortgage in his own name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Frankie1234

Thanks Everybody.

Advertisement