Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel from Ireland to Switzerland and back

Options
  • 04-09-2013 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭

Hi all^^

I am going to the Black Forest in Germany, and since the nearest airport is Zurich, I booked a flight from Dublin to Zurich.

Anyway, I am a German citizen, holding a German passport, I don't think, there should be any problems, entering Switzerland.

But what about duty free shopping on the way back to Dublin? Let's say I find something nice on the way back to Dublin in Zurich (duty free shop in the airport), like a decent bottle of Brandy, what will happen.

Switzerland is not in the EU, but a Schengen memberstate, that's how far I can get.

And no duty free shopping within the EU, I know that.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭BKtje

Duty free when travelling to/ from Switzerland. I live in Switzerland and avail of it often.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

That sounds great, thanks :)

Must try the shop in the airport then, have you got any idea, how much 200 smokes are...if I may ask a question like this.

You'll be paying between 40 and 50 swissies for a carton of 200 (as far as I remember), which is between 32 and 40 Euro.

40-50 sounds about right.

Almost forgot...do they take Euros in the Duty Free Shop at the airport?

I feel like a child, asking all those questions, but I only traveled within the EU so far :o

• Advertisement

They accept all major currencies (notes only I imagine) but will receive change in Swiss francs I believe.

Enjoy your trip :)

BKtje wrote: »
    They accept all major currencies (notes only I imagine) but will receive change in Swiss francs I believe.

Enjoy your trip :)

I usually pay with plastic anyway ;)

Advertisement