Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike upgrade?..Frame sizes? Carbon

Options
  • 04-09-2013 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    I am hoping to upgrade from 56cm halfords Carrera tdf to something around the €1500 mark.My current bike is too big i suspect.I get a pain across shoulders and neck on long runs.I am 5 10 max I've been looking at Giant DefyML, Trek 54 and Cube.How much better is an all Carbon bike at shock absorbtion than one with just carbon forks or is it purely for lightness.I thought I had a handle on frame sizes from web research trying to find something with shorter reach and possibly higher front end but there are subtle differences (centimetres either way)between different brands of the same size.:confused: I have been offered a good discount (400)on a Cube Agree gtc pro.I want to avoid tinkering with stems etc if I can after buying.Anyone got any suggestions maybe other makes to consider.A nice colour scheme is a consideration also-I,m not mad about Black/Grey.I figure if the thing does not look good I will be less likely to take it for a spin.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Only way you'll avoid tinkering with stem lengths and seatpost heights and frame set sizes is by getting a bike fit.

Advertisement