Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cash payout

Options
  • 03-09-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

quick question, does anyone know the max cash payout on a winning bet
    i get if u win 10,000 obviously bookie has to write u a cheque

say u win 1200, just over a grand - will they pay u cash or will ya have to take a cheque?

cheers
    j

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

A lot would depend on bookie involved, time & day and results so far.
    If it's a larger bookie like Paddy Power, Ladbrokes or Boyles, you would have a better chance of getting cash as they would have a larger cash float.
    If it's early in the day, you have no chance as they may need the cash to pay other punters later on.
    Late in the day, you would have a better chance as the staff would prefer not to have cash on the premises, especially if the results have been bookie positive.
    If you call into the shop/call head office and tell them you want cash, give
    them notice, they may do it for the following day.

A lot would depend on the amount involved as I'd guess some bookies would be nervous having a lot of cash available for obvious reasons.
    Not saying this would happen but if you ring up and say I want to collect 10k in the morning in cash, there are a few people who will then know the money is there for collection and that might encourage someone to do something silly.
    1,200 should be safe enough though.
    Personal opinion:
    I would be a bit nervous taking a cheque from one of the "smaller" bookies.

Advertisement