Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information Technology

Options
  • 03-09-2013 6:52pm

Hey everyone, I am just starting in W.I.T. on the 9th and I am starting a thread to see if anyone is in later years of the course or if anyone has finished the course, to see would they give the new comers an insight into the course.

Any insight into the course or advice would be very welcome, thanks for reading.

• How many books and how much at an estimate will they cost?
    • How many hours is the course weekly?
    • How did you find the course?
    • How were the lecturers?
    • What did you find particularly difficult about the course?

Comments

Just starting second year.
    Books, none were necessary. I think there might have been a suggested one for programming - no idea the cost - but the notes are online - some lecturers might only have partial notes online, to encourage attendance.
    I think we had around 24 hours or so.
    The course is handy enough, just make sure to go to classes. The lecturers were all easy enough to get along with.
    The only thing I tend to have difficulty with, is theory, give me practical stuff to do, and I am happy, sit me down at a computer and tell me to code for a few hours, and I'll happily do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

Timetable is up on wit.ie now to see exactly what hours you have. Probably 4 1/2 days.

Not a difficult course as its mostly continuous assessment so you just go in and get the work done and youll probably have most of the 40% needed for a pass before you even do the end of semester tests.

727sjnB.png

Advertisement