Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A gift idea for a sister who has everything?

Options
  • 03-09-2013 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi I only met her 2 years ago for the first time (with her having been adopted) and I've only been in her company for 10 minutes in the past 15 months. We are meeting though next week to celebrate to celebrate my 35th birthday. She's been really supportive of a major life change I've been going though, and I want to bring her something, to express how much she mean's to me. She's in her late 40's. So I'm looking for ideas here. I'd really appreciate some.:)

If it's the wrong category I apologise mods.

Thanks

K:)

Comments

Hi Freiheit,
    I've moved this to the Gifts forum for you where you will get some better ideas.
    Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 edrakes

How about something like a personalised hamper? You can get them online and choose specific products you know she likes? I've done this in the past for family members using YourHamper. I think they appreciate the personal touch and it's quite an easy present to buy. Also, it'll probably be something she hasn't ever had before.

Good luck anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

How about a voucher for a spa treatment?
    You could go too maybe?

Myself I'm totally in love with Michael Kors watches at the moment especially the rose gold ones . But that's just me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I think more than a gift, a really nice card with a message from you expressing how much you appreciate her and her support would be appropriate and lovely. Obviously a nice gift to go with it would be good too ;)

The spa treatment for both of you sounds great if you can afford something like that. In most hotels with spas you will also have the use of the swimming pool, sauna etc if you have a treatment so you could make an afternoon of it together :)

Advertisement