Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch. Removing Sensors

Options
  • 03-09-2013 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone,
    Hoping someone can help me out. I have an old Eircom Phonewatch system. Installed about 10 years ago. The concord I believe. I stopped the service monitoring about 5 years ago and left phonewatch about 3 years ago. All grand until lately when having work done on my house, the back door and back window have been removed and of course the sensors that used to be there are now gone.
    Now every 12 hours I get a system panic telling me tamper on those 2 sensors. Off and my code keep it quiet for another short period of time.
    I dont use this alarm as I have replaced it with another system. Is there a way (apart from disconnecting from mains) that I can quiet this system? Like possibly removing those sensors from the panels memory?
    I suppose I could remove the remaining sensors, arm the system and bypass and leave it in that state?
    any thoughts or ideas appreciated
    thanks
    -Liam
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

well if your not using it power it down remove the battery in the back of the panel and take the fuse out of the fused spur that will kill it other wise close the lids on the sensors you removed to close the tamper circuit on the sensors

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi everyone,
    Hoping someone can help me out. I have an old Eircom Phonewatch system. Installed about 10 years ago. The concord I believe. I stopped the service monitoring about 5 years ago and left phonewatch about 3 years ago. All grand until lately when having work done on my house, the back door and back window have been removed and of course the sensors that used to be there are now gone.
    Now every 12 hours I get a system panic telling me tamper on those 2 sensors. Off and my code keep it quiet for another short period of time.
    I dont use this alarm as I have replaced it with another system. Is there a way (apart from disconnecting from mains) that I can quiet this system? Like possibly removing those sensors from the panels memory?
    I suppose I could remove the remaining sensors, arm the system and bypass and leave it in that state?
    any thoughts or ideas appreciated
    thanks
    -Liam

They can be removed in engineer mode.
    More than happy to help you with the code if you send me a P.M.

If you have a never system I too would down power it for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 liammcmullan

Hi Altor

A few years back you helped me power down my old Phonewatch System, now I am seeking the same help again to power down my Dads. Like mine it was the first model of phonewatch that came out. He hasnt used it in years and now not only is it beeping every minute (suspect battery is dead) or so but also every few minutes it states "Phone call failure" (of course casue he is with VirginMedia for the last few years and has no landline!!)

The box is the white square one with 3 large buttons on the bottom for quick dialling police...no antennas on it. Grey buttons for Status Bypass Lights Test Reset and Program. Circular buttons for 1 to #

Really many many thanks !!!

-Liam

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's pretty much the same procedure.
    Remove the mains fuse, open the panel and remove the battery.

Hi Altor

A few years back you helped me power down my old Phonewatch System, now I am seeking the same help again to power down my Dads. Like mine it was the first model of phonewatch that came out. He hasnt used it in years and now not only is it beeping every minute (suspect battery is dead) or so but also every few minutes it states "Phone call failure" (of course casue he is with VirginMedia for the last few years and has no landline!!)

The box is the white square one with 3 large buttons on the bottom for quick dialling police...no antennas on it. Grey buttons for Status Bypass Lights Test Reset and Program. Circular buttons for 1 to #

Really many many thanks !!!

-Liam

That is one of the older classic systems.
    If you press reset, user code, 71, reset. That will stop it dialing out.
    The one thing about down powering that system is it will loose all programming.
    Batteries can be replaced and sensor heads can be replaced to get it functional if that's what you want.
    It's not a system I'd spend too much money on those. It's obsolete now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 liammcmullan

Thanks Altor

I will try that now. Its not something I want to get functional again. Waiting for some time when I can power down and then take the unit of the wall and throw it out, but in the meantime to stop it announcing Phone failure will be great !!!

thanks again

Liam

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you power it down & take it off the wall it will stop announcing anyway :D:D

Thanks Altor

I will try that now. Its not something I want to get functional again. Waiting for some time when I can power down and then take the unit of the wall and throw it out, but in the meantime to stop it announcing Phone failure will be great !!!

thanks again

Liam

No problem Liam, always happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bigtoe

Hi Altor

I have the same issue with an inactive system ge system installed in 2011. Back door was recently replaced. Can you advise how I cam bypass that sensor?

Thank you

Anthony O'Neill

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bigtoe

Photo attached

Thank you

Anthony

• Advertisement

Advertisement