Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Boards.ie or Dublin.ie

Options
  • 03-09-2013 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Joined up here for general discussion but the more I read it is only occupied by Dublin based people. Not hard to figure this out as most of the posts do not relate to the real world, just parochial comments from urban dwellers with no real experience of how things really function in Ireland. Good luck to you all but i am out of here....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

See ya later bud I'm off forra bitta coddle and a baherburger washed down wirra can of Dutch gohold.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

\o/

• Site Banned Posts: 257 ✭✭Driveby Dogboy

aw dont go, you're great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

Good topic, would read again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Signed up 3 years ago...takes those years to prepare 2 posts... pity this one didn't come first, as it would have been the greatest opening posts ever posted on boards.

10/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

This being the GAA Forum and the day after an (excellent) All Ireland semi-final I'd kinda expect a few Dubs to be hanging around strangely enough.

You sure you didn't mean to post over here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

Brilliant post though :-D

(BTW, if you scroll your mouse along the top bar - Arts, Biz, Edu etc there's all sorts of 'real world' people hanging about. Not too many Dubs around the farming threads if it's peace and quiet that you're after)

Just realised that he's gone and won't see this - and me after wasting 2 minutes of my life typing :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Most of the frequent posters around here are from everywhere in the country. Some of the best posters were made mods, Hammer Archer from Meath, Rebel Girl 15 (Cork obviously) and Clareman. They have been excellent contributors over the years. Myself, blackbelt and a few others are true blue Dubs, but we are by no means the majority and we mostly just all love the game.

Something that has always struck me about the board is the amount of Waterford folk. Waterford is very well represented here and would love for all counties to have the active and well informed posters from there.

Also I would say that this forum is active 12 months of the year. Many of those active during the championship dont stay active. During the 'off' season is when we often have our best debates. People will flock here during the Championship and not stay. Hopefully those of you posting here the past few months will stick around.

In short, the board is not infested with Jackeens from the big schmoke.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sweet God, why would you create this thread!!!
    Its called banter and crack, yes of course both sides can cut to the bone with comments, trolls appear and disappear on a daily basis but at the end of each season the same heads are still here and while they mightn't agree with everything that posters say, they do respect opinions.

Close this pile of poo, it will only end in ejjits been banned! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Something that has always struck me about the board is the amount of Waterford folk. Waterford is very well represented here and would love for all counties to have the active and well informed posters from there.

Good man Pride - trying to angle an auld week in a caravan in Clonea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Not enough Dubs around here if you ask me. Far too many riff raff from the wastelands past Newlands Cross are allowed in for my liking. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭gaybeer

Hold on just one second.......they have the internet outside Dublin now...

Advertisement