Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay would like to hold my partners hand in Dublin city centre , would there be a hom

Options
  • 03-09-2013 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

would love to walk down o Connell street in Dublin hand in hand with my partner. Is it possible ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Walker77

stephenken wrote: »
    would love to walk down o Connell street in Dublin hand in hand with my partner. Is it possible ?

I can't see it been a problem only to the few who are intolerant of other expressing affection. Most people see it as a healthy relationship. I love see couples holding hands and enjoying the feeling that comes from it no matter what the sexuality is.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

It's sad that something as simple as holding you're partners hand even warrants questioning in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Be careful around people who look like this. But go for it do it :)

chav.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭feardeas

I've seen it. It's the most natural thing to want to do with your partner and if I had a partner I know I would like to do likewise. Not sure that I'd have the balls to do it because of me being self conscious but I think most people would say FairPlay.

Was out over the weekend and quite a few lads kissing in public. Dublin is changing, even heard from a friend that she saw two lads kissing in a night club in Galway. I'm not saying this as a kind of gee wizz shock horror. I'm saying we are finally growing up as a country and maybe the more of it that is seen the feicin better.

I nearly have myself convinced I'd do it but I guess the bf would be a necessary component first!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I'd be careful if I were you. While most people would be ok with it there are still some narrow minded fools who might start a fight with you over it. It sounds terrible to say but it's not 100% safe for gays yet in Ireland. Wasn't there someone killed in the last year because someone realised that he was gay and he was beaten to death?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Op I've never had an issue anywhere, other than your standard double takes- mostly since I started dressing a bit more masculine. But I do know lesbians ae less likely to have physical altercations with homophobes, so maybe that's part of it.

But op, if all of us do it, it becomes normal. :)

Advertisement