Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIME MACK 2 Kerosene Boiler

Options
  • 02-09-2013 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Evening All,

Another question on this thread tonight.

Earlier today, I removed the burner from my sisters boiler to hover out the combustion chamber as it had not been done in approx 3 years.

When I looked in the chamber, the following plate was lying on the floor of the space:
    [IMG][/img]eo16.jpg

[IMG][/img]nz9m.jpg

For the life of me I cannot figure out where it should be mounted as it is too small to fit snug against the back wall of the chamber.

Any tips / advice greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Islanderre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

islanderre wrote: »
    Evening All,

Another question on this thread tonight.

Earlier today, I removed the burner from my sisters boiler to hover out the combustion chamber as it had not been done in approx 3 years.

When I looked in the chamber, the following plate was lying on the floor of the space:
    [IMG][/img]eo16.jpg

[IMG][/img]nz9m.jpg

For the life of me I cannot figure out where it should be mounted as it is too small to fit snug against the back wall of the chamber.

Any tips / advice greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Islanderre

SIME BOILER
    Totally inefficant by the way.

Remains of Fire board on the cast iron door that the burner is on, to stop it over heating and catching fire. Also its a seal to stop dangerous fumes exscaping.
    Replace board, 18"x18" cut to to match door. From plumbing shop.
    Better still, new boiler, 35% lower running costs in fuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

It's a refractory board. It is there to protect the cast iron heat exchanger. It should be mounted at the back of the combustion chamber.
    Really, you should get your works checked over by somebody with a flue gas analyiser. There will also be a lot more safety features with servicing a boiler than you will realise & most likely miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

scudo2, cheers for the reply. Its not my boiler and as they have recently installed a new multi fuel non boiler stove; they are hoping the oil will get allot lower use this winter in comparsion with other years.

Shane007; agree 100% and will recommend her to do get a full check done.

Thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

No need to replace as it is in normal condition. More important to get a FGA done as if the flames lick this panel, you will have CO production.

Advertisement