Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zynga nusiance

Options
  • 02-09-2013 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    an icon appeared on my desktop a few weeks back called Zynga, and in spite of deleting it repeatidly, AND restoring my pc to 2 month ago,using system restore, it immediatly returns. How can I be rid of this nusiance permanently. TIA, John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

download and run adwcleaner

www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

post its log

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bcorden

Zynga is linked to a lot of Facebook games - so did you install anything through FB?

If you removed it there may still be something in your registry that keeps putting the ICON back.

You could search the registry and remove anything linked to Zynga - or try a registry cleaner first -

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Hi,
    thanks for the info, but Im not on Facebook/NSABook. I already tried a registry search (regedit),but its an extremly laborious process,having hit the F3 key a hundred times or more and it was still finding more entries. This pc is using Linux, and no such problems there so far, the other one (my kids) is on Windows 7 and there are non stop problems with it. Ill try CrapCleaner first and see if it works.
    John

Advertisement