Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Repair Cost

Options
  • 02-09-2013 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I bought my phone (ZTE Racer II) in Xtravision and the touchscreen is broken. The year long warranty is up so I'll have to pay for a repair,does anyone know how much Xtravision charge for this? I dont know if they charge different amounts depending on the phone but even a ballpark figure would be helpful if this is the case

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

SineadH93 wrote: »
    I bought my phone (ZTE Racer II) in Xtravision and the touchscreen is broken. The year long warranty is up so I'll have to pay for a repair,does anyone know how much Xtravision charge for this? I dont know if they charge different amounts depending on the phone but even a ballpark figure would be helpful if this is the case

If the screen broke though abuse, accident, flexing or other force then you'll have to pay regardless of warranty. However if it broke due to poor manufacture then you may have a chance to have it repaired at no charge under consumer law even if the warranty has expired.
    If you are paying to get it fixed you don't need to go back to the same place you bought it from, shop around.

Advertisement