Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheels for Giant CRS 3.0 (2008)

Options
  • 02-09-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am still working on redoing my bike. I was advised to replace the wheels on my bike, 700x35c. I tried to look up CRC for what options I might have available which would be compatible with Shimano mech fittings. Can anyone advise me how I could go about doing this?

N.D.,
    Fi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fidero

Hi guys,
    I bought Shimano WH-R501 - 28" Wheelset - Clincher - black in the end but they seem to be soft and buckle like no ones business. I think I might change wheels, anyone suggestions on what I should get? I do my best to avoid any imperfections in the road but the wheels just go to ****e :mad:

Thanks,
    Fi.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fidero

Hi guys,
    I am probably breaking some forum rule doing this but I hope I am given lean-ance as I don't know where else to ask!! Can anyone suggest where (using possibly another online forum, etc..) I could ask about possible wheels I could get which would suit a daily commute and take the punishment that the poor roads inflict on wheels?

Cheers,
    Fi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I don't know how much abuse you're handing out to those Shimano wheels but I bought the same for my commuter and have had zero problems with them. The roads here are probably in a better state than most Irish ones, but I have a few kerbs and tram lines I have to negotiate which do my wheels no good.
    I'm no expert on wheels but maybe you might want some with more spokes or steel rims possibly

Advertisement