Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending phone to another EU country

Options
  • 02-09-2013 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I sold a phone on ebay to a customer from another EU country. I intended to send via registered Post but An Post informed me of new regulations that prohibits sending it as it has a battery inside.

What I am wondering is there any way I can legally send it or does any courier company offer a service whereby I can send it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭henke

Thanks. Looking at the prices of couriers I don't actually think its going to be worthwhile. Think I'll just refund the buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

When did this start? I sent back a phone to Germany back in July using An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Yea we had the same issue about 2 weeks ago when posting a laptop to Germany. Apparently if there is a removable battery it must be removed or AnPost will not send it. With the laptop we were lucky as the battery was seen as an integral part after some discussion amongst themselves, lol. Batteries cannot be sent at all allegedly.
    However, I cannot see how this is sustainable as phones are sent by post all the time and people buy replacement batteries. It doesn't make any sense at all. So people won't declare it's a phone or a battery.

Advertisement