Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance 136% increase.

Options
  • 02-09-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for some advice on my current situation please.
    • Premium in 2011/2012 was E511
    • I had a minor accident where I was at fault in April last year. Premium at time of renewal in September 2012 post accident increased to E863 - 69% increase. Accepted increase as I had an open claim against me.
    • The claim is still not settled and my renewal is up again. Premium has now increased to E1206 however. Another 40% jump. Even though I now have 1 year NCB.
    • I queried it and was told all premiums were up this year. By 40%, I'd doubt it.
    • For comparison I went on to website to get quote under my wife's name (has full NCB). She is currently named driver. Quote was for E556. Same as I was paying 2 years ago.
    Looking for advice on any options from people who have been in this situation please? Is it a matter of having to grin and bare until claim is settled. Expected to be Nov '13.

We have a 2nd car where wife is the primary driver insured and I am the named driver.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Unfortunately you'll have to grin and bear it. No other company will touch you while this claim is open and your own provider knows this. Is your wife a named driver? Is so a portion of your increase is more than likely due to the gender equalisation legislation brought in at the end of 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭daveyb2

thanks..found a quote through a broker for 200 less...still 140 more than last year but better than what Aviva were offering

Advertisement