Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ikea Wardrobes

• 02-09-2013 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

We recently bought some of Ikea's wardrobe range. They look great but I would like to block off space between top of wardrobes to ceiling and also there is a narrow strip to left and right of the wardrobes.

We want something that will look classy and not act as a gap filler which I think will take the overall look of the wardbrobes.

In Ikea in showrooms the only thing they had was lights on a little arm coming out and down but would rather fill the spaces up.

Any ideas on what to do or what others have done already......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I got two X 150 of the ikea mirror wardrobes PAX Auli in our bedroom.
    What we had was a built in wardrobe in our room on half the wall and the reverse in the adjacent room.

So, What I did was I Cut out teh wall to size on my side, reversed it and put it in the place of teh wardrobe in teh adjacent room. A bit of plaster and paint and it was all a single wall.

So in our room I built the wardrobes. Put them against the wall, measured it out on the wall (like you there was a bit at the ends and top) and trimmed the wall ( I used a handsaw, took ages but the electric saw was throwing to much dust up) and then slid the wardrobe in place into the wall cavity against the stud wall in the other room. (Note I filled the wall with Insulation while it was exposed both for heat and noise dampening).

The wardrobe now only protrude about 1 inch from the wall plus the additional 2 inches or so of the sliding doors themselves.

Hope my explanation makes sense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 vwlt

I got lenghts of matching board in the panelling center 150 wide x 3000 long and ripped them down to width. Looks fine now.

All I need are doors now, anyone come up with a colution to doors on the 750 wide carcass ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 benbrown

If you have the room of 150mm why not make a long shoe holder similar to a pidgeon hole wine rack. At least the shoes can be stacked up off the ground.

Advertisement