Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sausages for Mustard?

Options
  • 02-09-2013 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a mustard fan, ok I'm not a fan of that Coleman's rubbish, but Dijon is good stuff. Anyway, I bought a pack of German Bavarian bratwurst in Lidl and they are fantastic with Dijon and a demi baguette. I could eat them all day. Any other sausage/mustard combo recommendations? Besides the usual Denny's crap, I mean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

There used to be a Gourmet sausage shop near where I used to live (can't remember the name), I found that Jumbo spicey sausages are great with a Hot Mustard like lakeshore extra-hot Irish

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'm a mustard fan, ok I'm not a fan of that Coleman's rubbish, but Dijon is good stuff. Anyway, I bought a pack of German Bavarian bratwurst in Lidl and they are fantastic with Dijon and a demi baguette. I could eat them all day. Any other sausage/mustard combo recommendations? Besides the usual Denny's crap, I mean.

I second that. Fecking Coleman's. I swear they are dropping that crap on Syria at the moment. Awful gear.

I'm more of a fan of this stuff -

Maille-380g.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are they the sausages in a glass jar? Yeah great with mustard indeed.
    Chicken works well with mustard too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

biko wrote: »

Nope, they're in a plastic pack at the fridges, the pack just says 'German Bratwurst'. They're far superior to the ones in the jar.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That remains to be seen/tasted :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

biko wrote: »
    Chicken works well with mustard too.

Any meat works well with mustard. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Rudd's sausages with that cheap American hot dog mustard in a bun. I'd step over your mother for that combination.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

What about your own mother?
    That's the real test....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Beruthiel wrote: »
    What about your own mother?
    That's the real test....
    Don't be silly, what would my mother be doing on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Don't be silly, what would my mother be doing on the floor.

Well theres a funny story I heard about your mother, involving the floor and a type of sausage .... potentially mustard related*

*ok maybe its not :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Corvo wrote: »
    Fecking Coleman's
    Colman's
    Corvo wrote: »
    Awful gear.
    spike the vein

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

was.deevey wrote: »
    Well theres a funny story I heard about your mother, involving the floor and a type of sausage .... potentially mustard related*

*ok maybe its not :D

Deevey - what are you doing here? Looking for a mustard-style vape? You dirty thing! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Deevey - what are you doing here? Looking for a mustard-style vape? You dirty thing!

STALKER ALERT !
    STALKER ALERT !
    STALKER ALERT !

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

That's a favourite of mine too. Got some Dalkey whole grain mustard in Dunne's recently that went very nicely with them too, it was a little more bitter than Dijon which complemented those sausages.

Good pork chops slowly cooked and cut into strips with Camembert and Dijon is fantastic on a baguette (IMO) but I haven't found really nice pork here in Ireland (I suck at finding good meat).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

For me , Cumberland sausages , wholegrain mustard of any description , butter , all on ciabata.

also , what's wrong with Colemans?

great kick to it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

Dijon is lovely,but colemans has its place, lovely on a hang sandwich.

Advertisement