Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servicing Thermia heat pump for Geothermal system

Options
  • 02-09-2013 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi all
    just a quick one if I may.
    In house 4 years now, have Thermia heat pump served by geothermal boreholes. House 3000 sq. feet over two floors.

My supplier rang a few weeks ago offering an annual service package with two options one for servicing for a year (240Euro)and another more expensive one offering free part replacement and all that goes with it (450euro).

Can someone in the know tell me how often these systems need to be serviced, what's involved with servicing them and in terms of parts within the system failing - How often do parts go and is it worth going with the more expensive servicing package?

All informative answers are welcome.. :)

Thanks
    Jason

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Tommyboy08

Jayo11780 wrote: »
    Hi all
    just a quick one if I may.
    In house 4 years now, have Thermia heat pump served by geothermal boreholes. House 3000 sq. feet over two floors.

My supplier rang a few weeks ago offering an annual service package with two options one for servicing for a year (240Euro)and another more expensive one offering free part replacement and all that goes with it (450euro).

Can someone in the know tell me how often these systems need to be serviced, what's involved with servicing them and in terms of parts within the system failing - How often do parts go and is it worth going with the more expensive servicing package?

All informative answers are welcome.. :)

Thanks
    Jason

Serviced once a year and €240 is robbery unless you live out in the Aran islands.
    And is that €450 per year for the other kind of insurance option?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 YourMotha

Just had a guy in here this evening telling me that the thermia pump needs to be serviced every three years and the most expensive part is the compressor which can cost a thousand other than that it's only two other moving parts are the fan and the three way valve. Parts can't be that expensive.

How economical do you find your system? We are trying to decide whether or not to install a heat pump in our new build and only have a day or two to make a decision as the second fix is going in this week.

Advertisement