Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

being removed from match

Options
  • 02-09-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

i was watching an under 15 match when the ref told a supporter of the away team he will get him removed from the grounds if he didnt keep quiet,just wondering who would remove the supporter?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

mr roper wrote: »
    i was watching an under 15 match when the ref told a supporter of the away team he will get him removed from the grounds if he didnt keep quiet,just wondering who would remove the supporter?

Stewards would try to remove the person and if they failed they would seek the assistance of the Gardai, seen it happen a few times at big inter-county games but rarely in club matches. Usually there is copious amounts of alcohol involved and all commonsense goes out the window!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

The ref generally brings a bit of force to bear on this issue - the one time I've seen that particular instance, the ref stated he wouldn't restart/abandon the game unless this individual left. Home team officials/parents cajoled yer man to move away ... it was a council pitch and yer man stood behind a tree about 50 yards away watching .. twas U14 IIRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Anyone abusing a ref at that age group...for whatever reason, should be ashamed of themselves.

Needs to be stamped out in all sports. You'll usually find the parent has never kicked a ball in his life too.

Advertisement