Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can a bookie cancel a bet?

Options
  • 02-09-2013 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

If you see odds of 2.5 on a home win at bookieX and the average line with the rest of the bookies is 2.2, I might decide to put £20 on this based solely on the fact that the bookies has not moved their odds quick enough.
    So game is played and I win, my question is at what point can the bookie say this was not a correct price, can they cancel bet altogether, just give you the going price, or is a small price difference like this something they simply can't argue was a mistake.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

They can cancel when they want but unlikely in a case like above. If they see you taking the best odds available at every opportunity they will limit you very quickly.

Advertisement