Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erotic Lit kindle etc. Page Count

Options
  • 02-09-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

One thing I've noticed recently, the page count on these are really low, yet they seem to sell like hotcakes..

10-20 pages seems to be the norm for the price of £0.99-£4.99.

Is 10-20 pages really a "book" ?

Have you ever written one & what was your page count ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

10-20 pages are selling for money? Seriously? I'll have to get on that bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Apparently so. I was talking to a girl who did an AMA on reddit recently. She has 80 books published & makes an average of $3,000 a month from it.

Summer months are horrible for sales for some reason, but during the winter she can be doing about $1,200 a week (before taxes).

She gave up her job to do it full time & is now doing one a week. Can't imagine the quality is too high, but she obviously knows what her customers like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

10 pages? Is there even a plot?

I could totally jump on that bandwagon :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This one time at bandwagon camp...

Advertisement