Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even love an album, 'give up' on artist & come back to later?

Options
  • 02-09-2013 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm sure that this happens to people all the time- you have an album that you really like, listen to the follow up album and it doesn't grab you so you don't follow the artist anymore.
    Years later you're listening to the album you like again and 'check the artist out again' and love some new material. Even suprised that the artist has released so many more albums and that they get great reviews.

For me I loved Peter Bjorn and John's Writer's Block. Obvsiously I heard 'Young Folk' first and then got their album. Loved the light feel of the album and musicalness of the album.

Their follow up Seaside Rock seems to be their reaction to suddenly being famous and in the lime-light; let's create something totally different. And they did with what seemed like a novelty album with mainly instrumental, mini tunes.
    I checked recently on allmusic.com and see that their two albums since get 4/5 stars.
    I didn’t even know then still existed as a band.
    so I'll give them another listen, another chance you could say.

Cheers,
    Patrick.

Advertisement