Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to : Start SC2 properly ?

• 02-09-2013 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi Guys

My flatmate was playing SC2 and make me buy the game, I never played this kind of game before .
    I use to play competitively online (CSGO/LOL) what shall I do to begin SC2 properly ?

Campaign ? 1o1 against bot ?
    Where can I find a resume of all the bind I will need use ?

I for the moment watch video from day9, what could you advise me ?
    I'm also doing the campaign but I don't understand what I'm building ect...

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I'd just play campaign for the time being to get yourself used to the game, theres then these useful "challenges" and training that you may also find useful if you want to consider playing online. If I was you, I would defently set the difficulty of campaign too hard as anything less wont get you used to the game fast enough. The key to the game is too just keep making units, and anything less than 16 scv's is bad.

Once you've done that, then maybe try watching a few videos from day9 or another caster.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neil_

You can play the campaign to get used to the controls, if you want to get good at the game start playing ranked 1vs1 as soon as possible. Watch high level players to see how they play the game (easiest way is to look at the featured streams on Teamliquid). It will be a struggle at first and you will lose games to all kinds of stupid crap but just keep plugging away. Just try and get used to playing the game smoothly and consistently - use hotkeys, don't let production buildings sit idle, don't let resources pile up, don't waste time watching your units run around etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

filters guides for terran, learning to macro and constantly use your resources will be the most important thing you learn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SES1IAGlwDU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

that's actually the WOL tutorial, it's still pretty relevant but this is the latest HoTS one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vng8ZYH8RMU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Campaign, then some of the games vrs the AI.

The videos below should help, they are specific and relate to being new :D
    Also, choose a race you like and stick with it for a while :D

For the first while you should not be worried about winning/losing, but more about refining your play, hitting timings etc. Once you get them things down the rest follows :)

Make sure to enjoy the game :) , personally I watch about 50x more than I actually play. I'm the equivalent of the fat football fan :)

Day 9 - Secret of Hotkeys / Macro

Day 9 - Newbie Tuesday #1
    examines the common mistakes of Bronze through Platinum level players, shows what to focus on and what not to really worry about until you're a top Diamond player

Artosis - Hotkeys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 MillerIE

id just jump straight in if I was you, low level play is revolved around mechanics, not alot of strategy is involved, get comfortable with your race and hotkeys, once you have that, you'll begin to focus on your gameplay / strategy.

find a race you like and just practice the same build over and over, you'll see yourself improve

• Registered Users Posts: 37 crakage

I will try that tips thanks guys !

Advertisement