Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No proof of address what to do

Options
  • 02-09-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

So i went to open a current account the other day with aib but apparently my sky bill is not proof of address, what can i do i do not receive any other bills at all, any advice great-fully appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Have you got a letter from the tax office or Social welfare? Another bank/credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Licencetokill

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Have you got a letter from the tax office or Social welfare? Another bank/credit card?

No no proof of address whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Motor/home insurance renewal letter, Greenstar/Panda bill?

I thought that the banks had lightened up on the requirement for ESB and/or Eircom bills given that a lot of the utilities now press you to accept electronic bills. However I think your problem may not be with the Sky bill but the fact that you only have one item with your name on it, they normally ask for two.

Driving licence?

coylemj wrote: »
    Motor/home insurance renewal letter, Greenstar/Panda bill?

I thought that the banks had lightened up on the requirement for ESB and/or Eircom bills given that a lot of the utilities now press you to accept electronic bills. However I think your problem may not be with the Sky bill but the fact that you only have one item with your name on it, they normally ask for two.

Driving licence?

I also have a 3v statement aib says has to be irish though i have a boi account and wont let me change address with them either as the card will not come to my house it wud be useless to me as i do not know the new owners of the old house, if i dnt get details i dnt get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Delta2113

You should be going with PTSB or EBS regardless of your proof of address difficulties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

+1 on the EBS. Have been with them 12 years now after the other banks told me to f off. Never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I was living with other people when I first opened my account and didn't have any bills in my name either. I got the owner of the house to write a letter to confirm that I live in his house at that address and that was accepted. That was a few years ago though.

I sorted it guys but thank you for advice.

Advertisement