Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Begining Japanese Classes in Dublin

Options
  • 02-09-2013 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm looking to begin Japanese classes in Dublin having just moved here (a year and a half later than I ment to, but that's another story)

The only thing I've done before was a quick taster as part of the Japanese cultural week they do in April. and specifically, it was april 2012 o_O I really enjoyed it though.

Anyway, I'm looking for a decent beginner class, hopefully well structured and with decent follow on options. And most preferably, one taught by a Japanese.

So What recommendations would you have?

(I know this forum must get this a lot so apologies for yet another annoying thread)

I see there is the Sandford academy has one staring in Sep (and indeed has a discount ending today..) Also seems to be one in Trinity

I'd love to hear what you guys recommend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Hey guys,

I'm looking to begin Japanese classes in Dublin having just moved here (a year and a half later than I ment to, but that's another story)

The only thing I've done before was a quick taster as part of the Japanese cultural week they do in April. and specifically, it was april 2012 o_O I really enjoyed it though.

Anyway, I'm looking for a decent beginner class, hopefully well structured and with decent follow on options. And most preferably, one taught by a Japanese.

So What recommendations would you have?

(I know this forum must get this a lot so apologies for yet another annoying thread)

I see there is the Sandford academy has one staring in Sep (and indeed has a discount ending today..) Also seems to be one in Trinity

I'd love to hear what you guys recommend.

As I was saying in this thread; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057019703
    The one in Trinity is very good. It's very well structured and has follow on classes for two more years at the end of which you should have covered everything for the JLPT N5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I joined up to the class in trinity in the end, very enjoyable, the sensei is really lovely too. good atmosphere.

Thanks for replying.

That's good to hear. Do you have Keiko as your teacher?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

King Mob wrote: »
    ...and has follow on classes for two more years at the end of which you should have covered everything for the JLPT N5

After two years+ it equips you to pass JLPT N5. I'm probably missing something here as that seems like a very long time with very little progress.

Tristram wrote: »
    After two years+ it equips you to pass JLPT N5. I'm probably missing something here as that seems like a very long time with very little progress.
    It's one night a week for 24 weeks or so. It's not super intensive, but it's a good introduction for people working or going to college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

King Mob wrote: »
    It's one night a week for 24 weeks or so. It's not super intensive, but it's a good introduction for people working or going to college.

That's fair enough. Everyone would have different expectations I suppose. I should be happy just to see Japanese language courses available in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Your progress will be largely up to you, and how much time and effort you put into learning Japanese. I am sure any teacher of any course available can accommodate faster learning than the course they teach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Yep it's keiko.

I'm working, so it's grand for me.

Advertisement