Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Funding through Dept of Foreign Affairs

Options
  • 02-09-2013 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hey all, I dont really know where to put this thread so ill stick it here for now

So good news and bad news.

The good news is that I have been selected to represent Ireland with one other person for a seminar in Taiwan on Globalisation and Youth Public Participation.

Government officials from England, Korea, China, the US , Australia etc along with their delegates (like me) will be in attendance.

However, Ireland for some reason (probably monetary related) are not sending a government official - Just delegates. This part is besides the point but how and ever,

The bad news is I am broke and at the moment am not able to afford the €800 round trip to Taipei, But this would be an amazing opportunity to broaden the career path ( I intend on doing a masters in International Relations) Is there any funding available through any route any of you guys have heard of that could help me in this situation?

It isnt until the end of October so it gives me a bit of time, but as I say as they are not sending a Government official fro Ireland they could either i) Have no money to send anyone or ii) have extra money to help cover such expenses.

Regardless

Also - Accommodation, meals and travel are provided for by the Taiwanese (a great bunch of lads) but I was wondering if you knew of anywhere that would give me the opportunity to apply for such funding to cover flights.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Podgerz wrote: »
    Hey all, I dont really know where to put this thread so ill stick it here for now

(Seeking funding for) ...a seminar in Taiwan on Globalisation and Youth Public Participation.
    MOD CLOSING COMMENT:
    Please be advised that our forum is for the discussion of important issues that pertain to Politics, and not for sourcing seminar funding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement