Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to watch gaa final live from new york

Options
  • 02-09-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

does anyone know if i can watch the all ireland final live online from new york free as i will be over there for the final... tried to get a few links today but as soon as i click on them it asks me to sign up as a member for as little as 3.99 p/m etc... would be exciting to be able to watch it live with my family over there.... thanks:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,121 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

gloggy wrote: »
    does anyone know if i can watch the all ireland final live online from new york free as i will be over there for the final... tried to get a few links today but as soon as i click on them it asks me to sign up as a member for as little as 3.99 p/m etc... would be exciting to be able to watch it live with my family over there.... thanks:D

hundreds of thousands of millions of bars and social clubs in ny will be showing it, just find one
    google is your friend

and there is another thread here for streams if that is the way you wish to go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

There will be no problem finding a place, several in the Bronx alone, there is usually a $20 dollar cover charge to view the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BertMark

Just go into any Irish bar in the few days beforehand and find an Irish barman or waiter and ask them where to go to watch it.
    I'd definitely advise going to watch it in a bar rather than on a stream because it's a great experience. You'll find the passion for it off the charts. Such is the effect of longing for home for years and watching the most Irish of days.

Failing that I presume RTE player will be accessible from the states for the AI final. But don't do that, go to a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

If you can't get out to watch it, try aertv.ie. It's not geo-blocked as far as I can tell, so should work in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Which final you talking about hurling or Football?
    If its the football, I recommend the Oldcastle bar on 7th Ave W 54th street. Co.Mayo owned bar which could be good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 BertMark

Duiske wrote: »
    If you can't get out to watch it, try aertv.ie. It's not geo-blocked as far as I can tell, so should work in the states.

Is RTE Player geo blocked for GAA? I always thought it was only blocked when there was an issue with someone else holding the rights to the programme in another country - so GAA, LOI etc. are fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

BertMark wrote: »
    Is RTE Player geo blocked for GAA? I always thought it was only blocked when there was an issue with someone else holding the rights to the programme in another country - so GAA, LOI etc. are fine?

Not sure to be honest, but as it's being shown in bars in NY I assume someone has broadcast rights for the US ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Duiske wrote: »
    Not sure to be honest, but as it's being shown in bars in NY I assume someone has broadcast rights for the US ?

Seems to be Premiersports in America that have them aswell

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/gaa-media-coverage/

TERRITORY: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA & CARIBBEAN (COMMERCIAL)

Channel name: Premium Sports
    Platforms:

Pay-Per-View to commercial premises
    Internet Streaming available through http://www.premiumsportsinc.com/watch-online.html
    Majority of live GAA matches broadcast in Ireland are available delayed and free-to-air on the MHZ network, which broadcasts in 30 million homes in America on most platforms.
    Coverage: Championship/Allianz League/Club Championship
    Subscription Costs: Commercial - Call 415-400-4869
    Online (Residential Viewing Only): Season Tickets Available through UStream.tv, Individual matches through Setanta-i and through UStream.tv ($19.99/game, full season $199.99).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

setanta/premiersports have the rights to the gaa in north america. Every bar has a person collecting 20 dollars per head. Note the entry fee does not go to the bar. If you get the chance go to a bar to view the game.....GO.
    Atmosphere is mental, with people from all over ireland watching. Get a good nights sleep the night before, get a big breakfast and you,re good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gloggy

Thanks guys for all the info :)

• Advertisement

I was hoping to maybe watch it online somehow as there will be a few children under the age of five and bars would be out of the question...... of course the atmosphere would be mental in the bars. I am aware it will be shown worldwide, I was hoping maybe to find a link to be able to view it online at home, or will it be shown on TV over there maybe?? The people I am staying with don't think so....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Did you not see dundalk's reply that has all that info? Either go to a bar or watch online at premier sports

Yes FAtherTed I did see Dundalks post.... I had thanked everyone for all their info.... as most of my replys, (which are greatly appreciated), indicated that I could view the final in bars, I just thought I would elaborate and explain that I would not be able to watch it in a bar as I would be babysitting.... My brother lives over there and he does not seem to be able to view matches such as the Quarter finals or the semi finals because he is always ringing home to get the results.... I just presumed it may be the same for the final but have been informed that it is to be aired worldwide....... So thank you all again guys for all the info and links it is greatly appreciated...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

yew_tree wrote: »
    Which final you talking about hurling or Football?
    If its the football, I recommend the Oldcastle bar on 7th Ave W 54th street. Co.Mayo owned bar which could be good fun.

+1 for the Oldcastle, and you might get a few beers from Eugene;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,121 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

That premiumsports.tv service is something that is badly needed for GAA fans outside of Ireland .
    The traditional way of watching matches in a bar is not suitable for everyone, as in the OP case.
    Plus it's a pain in the hole getting up on a Sunday and trekking to a crowded Irish pub to watch a match, plenty would prefer to watch it in the comfort of their own sitting rooms.
    And watching it at home gives the younger generation a chance to enjoy and get interested too.
    Is that service popular ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

anyone know of a few bars on 7th avenue where one can watch hurling final? I dont know off hand any bars that will show it for certain?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is it best to combine all these where to watch..... in .... threads?

Expect well see a rash over the next while and would be handy in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

gloggy wrote: »
    I was hoping to maybe watch it online somehow as there will be a few children under the age of five and bars would be out of the question...... of course the atmosphere would be mental in the bars. I am aware it will be shown worldwide, I was hoping maybe to find a link to be able to view it online at home, or will it be shown on TV over there maybe?? The people I am staying with don't think so....

I'll be sending PM's tomorrow with links to see the hurling online tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Amprodude wrote: »
    anyone know of a few bars on 7th avenue where one can watch hurling final? I dont know off hand any bars that will show it for certain?

Thanks

The irish Pub, owned by ex Mayo goalie, Eugene Rooney

http://www.theirishpubnyc.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

does anyone know if i can watch the all ireland final live online from new york free as i will be over there for the final... tried to get a few links today but as soon as i click on them it asks me to sign up as a member for as little as 3.99 p/m etc... would be exciting to be able to watch it live with my family over there

All these threads are same. "I'd really really love to watch the All-Ireland final, I'll do anything to see it" (except pay for it, of course).

Pay the people whom the GAA have given the rights to, so that something goes back into the game, plug the laptop into the TV, get the family around and enjoy http://www.ustream.tv/gaappv

• Advertisement
Advertisement