Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tenants bike stolen

Options
  • 01-09-2013 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am a tenant and my bike got stolen last night. My land lady said her insurance doesn't cover tenant property, even tho the windows in the hall are not secured correctly and that's how they got in but is there any way I can get some money back for the bike.
    I have it under a year and I got it from the cycle to work scheme.

Any advise?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Unless you took out a contents insurance policy that covers bicycles then I'm afraid you won't have much luck... Hope the Gardaí find it or something for you, sorry for your troubles!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EvelynMary

thanks. Hope they get something as well. Its a black Hybrid Cube bike. Just incase you see it for sale somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Was it even in part of the property owed by the land lord / leased by yourself or was it in a communal area of an apartment building?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

A tenant is responsible for his/her contents. One of the basic principles of insurance is insurable interest. You can only insure something if you benefit from it continued exist ie you can insure your car but not your neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

It's crap what happened to you op but in essence you are trying to pass on your mid fortune to another.

There is a clear person to blame for this the thief.

• Advertisement
Advertisement