Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens on ebay if an item gets lost in post?

Options
  • 01-09-2013 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering about this as a buyer of an item I sold and posted last week has emailed me saying the envelope ripped, was empty and can they have their money back. What happens in this event, do I have to refund ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,577 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Well, ebay/paypal favours buyers.

I'm afraid you have to refund.

If it was insured postage, you can claim refund from postal service later - at least try. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

You don't technically have to refund the buyer directly if you suspect they might be fraudulent. The buyer should have Buyer Protection anyway.
    You have 3 business days from when a case is opened to "make things right" with the buyer.

eBay makes every effort to detect and act against buyer abuse of the Buyer Protection program. If eBay determines that a buyer is attempting to unjustly benefit from eBay Buyer Protection, the buyer may be removed from coverage or suspended from eBay. If you believe one of your transactions is involved in abuse or fraud, you can report the buyer to eBay.

You can appeal the decision by providing the appropriate information via the Resolution Center. If the decision is reversed, you will be refunded the reimbursement amount back to the original reimbursement method. However, any eBay or PayPal fees associated with the transaction will not be refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I had similar non-delivery claim this week .

I trust An Post to deliver , but did'nt register the package , so eBay will rule in buyers favour .

I suspect though that buyer is telling lies , and may not have liked the purchase , or maybe suspected it was not an original .

To register costs minimum €6 , so its not always practicable to register small priced items .

If the buyer lodges a Paypal claim , the money will be deducted from account until it is settled .

Are Paypal involved ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah PayPal are involved. I've decided to just do nothing and let the buyer submit a claim. The value is only five euro but still it is annoying as at the end of this Ill have neither the item nor the money:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

well if you paid with paypal you can claim through them. If not its really up to the seller

• Advertisement
Advertisement