Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menu Suggestions - anyone got any?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

Good article extracted from the book Ministry Of Food:Thrifty Wartime Ways to feed your family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-1252240/The-food-won-war-The-weird-wonderful-ration-book-dishes-helped-Britain-victory.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

I tried rationing my supplies per meal and I found I lost more through spillages and it took more time and space that could be used for other supplies. Then you have to work out how many ration packs are you going to make up? Can you store it safely so it dosent go bad. 90% of my supplies I use daily so its always being rotated Ive a 3 month supply of food and a 4 week supply of water (which I hope to double). The other 10% of my supplies I rotate every 6 months to a year depending on what it is. I do have ration packs made up in the bug out bags just in case these are used on camping / hiking trips

Advertisement