Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi bit if help. Firebird and no hot water.

Options
  • 01-09-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hope some one can help. Just back from a week away from the house. I have a firebird super q 85 115 boiler. My immersion switch is bust so I was using the boiler to get hot water. 20 mins with the two zone off and I would have a lot of piping hot water. The bottom switch, HW HWCW is Redundant I think. Wife was wanting a bath. So put on it on for 20. Turned on all hot water taps and no hot water. The tank seems to have hot water, the top pipe into it is cold, middle is roasting and the bottom is warm. Run the taps for a while and got very Luke warn for a while running to cold but the pipes into the tank are hot! Any thing to do with the week any? Hope some one can help?
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

breanach78 wrote: »
    Hope some one can help. Just back from a week away from the house. I have a firebird super q 85 115 boiler. My immersion switch is bust so I was using the boiler to get hot water. 20 mins with the two zone off and I would have a lot of piping hot water. The bottom switch, HW HWCW is Redundant I think. Wife was wanting a bath. So put on it on for 20. Turned on all hot water taps and no hot water. The tank seems to have hot water, the top pipe into it is cold, middle is roasting and the bottom is warm. Run the taps for a while and got very Luke warn for a while running to cold but the pipes into the tank are hot! Any thing to do with the week any? Hope some one can help?
    Any help appreciated.

The water is circulating just need to give it more time.I know you said it only took 20 mins but something must have changing so give it another half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Robbie.G wrote: »
    The water is circulating just need to give it more time.I know you said it only took 20 mins but something must have changing so give it another half hour

Currently trying! Thanks for the quick reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Please update when ready. Thanks

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Please update when ready. Thanks

I am back in business. My wife is happy too! I thought I may have an air lock or I knocked off some electrical point over my week away and that may have somehow affected it. Also feared a plumber bill!

Thanks Robbie.g you may just have saved me a few pound. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Thanks Robbie.g you may just have saved me a few pound. Thanks.

The only thing is if it only used to take 20min to heat the water and its now taking longer something's wrong.It would probly be best to get your boiler serviced and system checked they might be able to find the problem

Robbie.G wrote: »
    The only thing is if it only used to take 20min to heat the water and its now taking longer something's wrong.It would probly be best to get your boiler serviced and system checked they might be able to find the problem

Thank you. It is over due a service any way.

Advertisement