Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Triton shower

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Limestone1 wrote: »
    I need to replace a triton T90i shower - these guys seem to be doing a good deal , has anybody got any experience of them ?

http://thepropertymaintenancecompany.ie/triton-t90z.php

It says 295 on top and 370 a bit down. Which is the price?? Each one seems dear as the shower itself is on 200 and can be fitted in 20 minutes easily

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Dtp79 wrote: »
    It says 295 on top and 370 a bit down. Which is the price?? Each one seems dear as the shower itself is on 200 and can be fitted in 20 minutes easily

The different prices are for an 8.5kw & 9.5kw it also says new install €550
    So €295 is roughly the going rate depending are where your based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

Dtp79 wrote: »

Hate this 20 mins nonsense.... you've got to pick up a shower and drive to the job. Bring in tools, shower, drill and silicone. Turn off water and power. Make sure its correctly pipe with its own supply, alot are just taking from the cold supply to bathroom or cylinder so they didnt have to drain the tank. Check it has its own breaker on the board and its the right rating.

Remove old shower and riser rail. Fit new shower, re drill tiles as the fixing holes are not in same location, usually get one. Wire shower. Turn back on water. Bleed the line. The riser rail fixing is different on the older t90si se. New one is shorter so can only use one hole. Seal around shower with silicone.

Put power back on. Run shower on cold until it runs consistently. Turn to hot make sure its working corrently. Clean up. Put tools, old shower, drill and silicone back in the van. Show customer and give quick run down on its operation. So going well an hour. Would be more if it needed repipe etc. Also have to pay company tax and insurance. Van tax and insurance. Diesel. And all the other things that go with running a legitimate company.

So €295 for a €200 shower leave €95 for all of the above. In my opinion for 295 the shower willl be fupped in. Old riser rail left. No silicone around shower. We charge 350 for the right job. 330 for a good/long standing customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Hate this 20 mins nonsense.... you've got to pick up a shower and drive to the job. Bring in tools, shower, drill and silicone. Turn off water and power. Make sure its correctly pipe with its own supply, alot are just taking from the cold supply to bathroom or cylinder so they didnt have to drain the tank. Check it has its own breaker on the board and its the right rating.

Remove old shower and riser rail. Fit new shower, re drill tiles as the fixing holes are not in same location, usually get one. Wire shower. Turn back on water. Bleed the line. The riser rail fixing is different on the older t90si se. New one is shorter so can only use one hole. Seal around shower with silicone.

Put power back on. Run shower on cold until it runs consistently. Turn to hot make sure its working corrently. Clean up. Put tools, old shower, drill and silicone back in the van. Show customer and give quick run down on its operation. So going well an hour. Would be more if it needed repipe etc. Also have to pay company tax and insurance. Van tax and insurance. Diesel. And all the other things that go with running a legitimate company.

So €295 for a €200 shower leave €95 for all of the above. In my opinion for 295 the shower willl be fupped in. Old riser rail left. No silicone around shower. We charge 350 for the right job. 330 for a good/long standing customer.
    If I asked a customer for 95 euro to change a shower for nearly an exact replica of the one that's there I'd be ran out of the house

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The average price now seems to be €300 to €330

• Advertisement
Advertisement