Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used Phones

Options
  • 01-09-2013 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I have been looking on Ebay and I have seen some good prices for used Android devices, for example, I saw a used HTC One X for 230 euro. Anyone here bought a used phone? Do they come working or badly damaged most of the time. I could get a new Samsung Ativ S for around the same price as a used Android of a similar spec and I have been wondering which would be the best option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

if its too good to be true, it probably is.

check www.adverts.ie for local people selling phones. Generally the feedback is better than ebay, however, you need to make sure of the seller's feedback before buying, as some sellers are selling phones and declaring them lost to insurance, resulting in a blocked phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭mondeo

Look for a seller who has the original purchase receipt. There was a thread here yesterday about a guy who got screwed over in adverts where the phone had been reported blacklisted.

Buying second hand gives no promises, personally I always buy new unless I knew the seller personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

mondeo wrote: »
    personally I always buy new unless I knew the seller personally.
    This would be my motto too.

You have no idea how the phone was treated previously. It may work when you get it and within a weak be a very expensive paperweight. Its all a lottery.

Advertisement