Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster season cat A or B

Options
  • 31-08-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Can someone tell me the difference between category A and cat B tickets for a season ticket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,064 ✭✭✭✭phog

Can someone tell me the difference between category A and cat B tickets for a season ticket?

Cat A is between the two 22s and would be lower down the stand, CatB would be further up and the sections between the 22s and the dead ball line

As in all stadia there's a point where one seat is Cat A and the next one is Cat B, I always feel a but cheated when paying the extra for that Cat A seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

phog wrote: »
    Cat A is between the two 22s and would be lower down the stand, CatB would be further up and the sections between the 22s and the dead ball line

As in all stadia there's a point where one seat is Cat A and the next one is Cat B, I always feel a but cheated when paying the extra for that Cat A seat.

Thanks phog. Thought so, but didn't know for sure. And after paying good blips for tickets to internationals and ending up behind the posts i was pretty pissed off.
    But at least now I know cat a is what I'm looking for. Anything past the 22s seems crap after getting a taste of between them.

I might sound like a knob but no. Hard working but enjoys egg chasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,064 ✭✭✭✭phog

Thanks phog. Thought so, but didn't know for sure. And after paying good blips for tickets to internationals and ending up behind the posts i was pretty pissed off.
    But at least now I know cat a is what I'm looking for. Anything past the 22s seems crap after getting a taste of between them.

I might sound like a knob but no. Hard working but enjoys egg chasing.

Tbh, if you're going on your own I think you're better off buying terrace tickets, easier to meet and mix with supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

phog wrote: »
    Tbh, if you're going on your own I think you're better off buying terrace tickets, easier to meet and mix with supporters.

I agree, I'm a convert to the terrace in Thomond. Seats may be more comfortable but the soul is on the Terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Terrace all day, every day. In saying that, a "good" cat b Ticket, near the 22 is a grand view...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Terrace all day, every day. In saying that, a "good" cat b Ticket, near the 22 is a grand view...

East terrace beside the players tunnel is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭BobMc

I'm lucky I downgraded couple seasons ago from Cat a to Cat b, the aisle seperates us from Cat A, more often then not we can slide across with crowds of late you need good knowledge of Sections and Seat Numbers to get good Cat B seats

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I think the seat prices should have more tiers tbh. That might actually get more people at the games who would prefer to save a few euro and not be too pushed about where the seat is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

A good Cat. B seat (back a bit in the stand) is probably a better spot than a Cat. A where you're sitting right at the front. You get a better view of the play at the far side of the pitch. The worst tickets though are in the front rows near the ends of both stands. You're looking straight at the in-goal area, trying to look around the guy next to you to see the rest of the pitch (and whenever anything happens, he's leaning forward because the guy next to him is leaning forward so you have to lean forward....)

I like the terraces, but it's nice not having to get in there 1 hour before kick-off on HEC days to get your spot. Plus - showing my age here - but if I'm in a packed stand and unable to move, my knees will have locked up completely by the end and it's a painful walk back into the city.

Advertisement