Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing weights / leads

Options
  • 31-08-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Just wondering guys where you can pick up cheap leads. I see most tackle shops charge crazy money compared to ebay (even after shipping) and some guys online selling home made leads too. I am all for supporting local business, but €1.40 for a 4oz bomb versus 60-80c online, I know which I would pick. Is there anyone local to Dublin that does cheapish weights. Id rather keep the money spent in ireland rather than have it go overseas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

I use spark plugs and nuts when I'm fishing places with snags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

gonko wrote: »
    Just wondering guys where you can pick up cheap leads. I see most tackle shops charge crazy money compared to ebay (even after shipping) and some guys online selling home made leads too. I am all for supporting local business, but €1.40 for a 4oz bomb versus 60-80c online, I know which I would pick. Is there anyone local to Dublin that does cheapish weights. Id rather keep the money spent in ireland rather than have it go overseas.

would ya not be caught for massive postage costs with the weight of the lead ?

I've often seen guys on donedeal or the for sale section in sea-angling ireland selling leads cheaper than shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lubo the great

Keep an eye out on the fishing section in adverts.ie Always a few people sellin leads on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭con___manx1

u can buy molds and make your own. once u have the molds just melt the led and stick a paper clip in the top. it will save u a fortune. i used t make leads as a kid by cutting a narrow copper pipe in small pieces. fill up with lead and stuck a u nail into the top : ).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

u can buy molds and make your own. once u have the molds just melt the led and stick a paper clip in the top. it will save u a fortune. i used t make leads as a kid by cutting a narrow copper pipe in small pieces. fill up with lead and stuck a u nail into the top : ).

Haha, I used to do the same, forgot all about it till you mentioned it

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭gonko

Thanks for the replies. I came across two lads, in Clare and Tipp. A bit out of the way as I am in Dublin. Ebay is quite cheap too. Works out around 83c for 4oz leads, pack of 40 if I recall. That includes delivery. Think it comes to 32ish Euro. In my local shop they are 1.40 per 4oz weight.

Advertisement