Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance

Options
  • 31-08-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi would anyone if i rented land from someone and had my own insurance and they had it insured under there bussiness would there insurance be affected

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

The owner needs to let their insurers know the land is let to a tenant and what activity the tenant is carrying out there. It is a whole different type of cover to when he occupies the land himself. He owes you a duty of care should the land or structures cause a loss or injury to you as a tenant.

You, on the other hand, need insurance to cover loss or damage your occupancy of the land may cause to others.

In short, you both need cover appropriate to your responsibilities

• Registered Users Posts: 25 roblehinch

ah right thanks i just wasnt sure he said he would check with his insurance but i just wanted to find out myself its to put horses on and my insurance would cover anything to do with the horses

Advertisement